Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Majestic Crashes, by Daniel


Today I asked Daniel if he would like to write a piece of fiction.  He responded that "books have more words than I can type."  I told him that I had no doubt he could write a book but why not just start with a short story.  Without hesitation, he began to type.  

When typing first started to click for Daniel -- when it REALLY started to click -- it quickly became apparent that my son has a beautiful mind.  Every day brought surprises. Somewhere along the way, I stopped being surprised, but I never stop being amazed. 

This is my son's first piece of fiction:

Majestic Crashes 


Little asteroids crash to the ground.  The animals scurry to safety.  In the very chaotic scene a dark cloud begins to cover the Earth.  Life must now no longer harbor disease or disability.  Mankind must be fair and make peace.  Just born babies should be without disabilities and disease.  Justice is not a concept but a reality.  Life is better because the asteroids from heaven begin to frighten the dark forces of the world.  Stars illuminate the night sky beyond description.  God leans down from the clouds and his voice echoes from the mountains.  He finds the sick and heals them.  He finds the blind and gives them sight. He gives voices to those who cannot speak and hearing to those with no sound.  He gives strength to those whose bodies are hampered by frailty and weakness.  God comes to the world and morning brings a new day.  


1 comment:

The Lost Boys of Sudan

  For me, typing is still difficult, but I want to get back to blogging.  They Poured Fire on Us From the Sky tells the story of the Lost B...