Sunday, August 26, 2018

Tomorrow is a New Chance


Tomorrow is a really exciting day.  It is the first day of my online school.  My mother applied to the school.  We were not sure if the school would let me enroll because I have never been in a normal classroom.  I have always been in a special education classroom.

Having to prove that I am smart has been frustrating.  For a long time I wanted to be able to just be known as understanding what people said.  Now I want to learn and be challenged.

I am so excited about starting my classes.  I am nervous, too.  I am worried about getting my assignments completed on time because I am slow at typing.  Knowing that my mom will help me stay organized is a big help.  Lots of hours of work have gone in to this moment.

Over the summer I had to take tests at an office of an educational diagnostician.  I had to show that I can learn.  I felt so much pressure. I so wanted to do well but it was so scary to be typing in front of someone I did not know.  I think I did OK but I could have done better.  Part of me wishes I had done better but my mom says the report helped me get into the online school.

Tomorrow is a symbol of how someone should not give up. I am so hopeful for my future.





3 comments:

  1. Daniel, tomorrow is the first day of the rest of your life!! Congratulations. Learn, be challenged and most of all, have fun! ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww. This is just the best! Thankyou Daniel for your inspiration! ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a sixth grader from Houston, Texas. I love your work and find it all very interesting. I found the piece about sister so touching. I hope you continue to do well in your life. :)

    ReplyDelete

The Lost Boys of Sudan

  For me, typing is still difficult, but I want to get back to blogging.  They Poured Fire on Us From the Sky tells the story of the Lost B...