Saturday, June 19, 2021

Summer Reading


I finished my junior year of high school. I made all As. I love math and history. My favorite class last year was physics, and I am grateful that I had a teacher who gave clear, interesting lessons. In history, I enjoyed learning about World War I and II.  I am sad to think about kids who are not learning because they cannot speak so people underestimate them.

This summer, I will write about the books I am reading. Books are very important to me and so meaningful.  

I just finished reading the novel Once by Morris Gleitzman. It is a work of historical fiction that takes place during World War II.  It is a somber story about the Holocaust and a boy with an amazing imagination. It was so captivating that I read it in just two days, and I recommend it.




3 comments:

  1. I have never read this book, but I'll certainly look for it. You dont know how happy it makes me that you enjoy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Daniel, thanks for sharing your blog and congratulations on completing your Jr year! I can’t believe how time flies, and you and Rivka will be Seniors now. I’m glad you liked Physics; it was always really hard for me, but you are correct, good teachers make a huge difference.
    Thank you for recommending the book; I will for sure look it up. Have you ever read books by Alan Gratz? They are historical fiction novels; Projekt 1065 is fabulous and set in Nazi Germany. It’s really good! I hope you enjoy your summer! Hugs from me and Rivka!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I will check him out. I really like historical fiction. Tell Rivka I said hi. --Daniel

      Delete

The Lost Boys of Sudan

  For me, typing is still difficult, but I want to get back to blogging.  They Poured Fire on Us From the Sky tells the story of the Lost B...