Monday, June 28, 2021

Rainman and "Rain Reign"

I recently watched a movie and read a book that deal with people on the autism spectrum. 

I most thoroughly enjoyed the movie Rainman. I liked how the movie showed that someone with autism can be smart and gifted. It also was a good representation of how people with autism need a lot of patience. It can occasionally be overwhelming just trying to follow all the rules of society. A scene that I really identify with is when the fire alarm went off, and Raymond needed to get far away from the noise. Loud noises can make my head feel like it is exploding. 

I recently finished the book Rain Reign by Ann M. Martin, and I enjoyed it. The protagonist is a fifth-grade girl named Rose who is on the spectrum and also has OCD. The book describes her difficult time fitting in, her special relationship with her dog, and the conflict that occurs when her dog is missing. Rose wants to have friends so much but nobody understands her. I recommend this book, especially for older kids and teenagers.










No comments:

Post a Comment

The Lost Boys of Sudan

  For me, typing is still difficult, but I want to get back to blogging.  They Poured Fire on Us From the Sky tells the story of the Lost B...